Parents International is holding a scientific conference combined with a marketplace of inspiring practices providing meeting, showcasing and networking opportunities for researchers, parent leaders, practitioners working with or for parents and representatives of the media on 3/6 November 2019 in Vienna, Austria. The Call for Abstracts is open until 30 April 2019.
If you have scientific research, inspiring practice or an interesting project, we would like to hear about it. Some ideas about topics:
- Empowering parents as educators
- Parenting as and for active (digital) citizenship
- Working with vulnerable parents (eg. parents with low levels of education, migrant and refugee parents)
- Balancing work and family life
- Early childhood development provisions for families
- Role of parents in access to quality, equitable education
- Parents and STEM
- Parenting in the digital age
- Health and well-being
- Parents in the leadership of services (eg. School leadership)
- Parenting special needs children
- Parental career guidance and parents in vocational education and training
- Gender issues both of parents and of children
- Basic skills and competences – roles in providing for them (eg. financial, entrepreneurial, digital or language skills)
The Summit will focus on parents as primary educators, the first and most impacting educators of their children, and will tackle the topics of parental roles, responsibilities, needs and challenges. The event will have a strong focus on equity, and thus put a major emphasis on holistic, lifelong learning approaches to empower disadvantaged parents.
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
We invite abstracts for papers, panel discussions, poster presentations, workshop proposals and marketplace exhibitions within the wide topic of 21st century parenting.
The abstract should be a maximum of 350 words + references (maximum 10) and include the following:
Title of proposal
Type of proposal (paper, poster, etc.)
Key words (maximum of 5) reflecting the topic/theme of your submission, so that the paper can be placed in the most appropriate session
General description, research questions, objectives, theoretical framework, rationale
Methods/methodology (if applicable)
Research findings and or conclusions (if applicable)
Please submit names of all authors/contributors, affiliations and email addresses and specify who will be presenting.
Please make sure that the quality of your abstract is good, since accepted abstracts will be published in the book of abstracts on-line and in print. The conference language and thus abstracts’ language is English. (Simultaneous translation is to be confirmed)
Please send you abstract to Luca László, Project Manager luca (at) parentsinternational (dot) org
Decision on the acceptance of abstracts will be done by the organising committee consisting of members of the Advisory Board of Parents International and chaired by a representative of the Supervisory Board.
Abstract submission closes on 30 April 2019
Decision on the acceptance of abstracts by 15 June 2019
REGISTRATION FOR THE SUMMIT WILL OPEN ON 1 MARCH 2019
Early bird registration will be possible between 1 March and 30 April 2019
Registration will close on 20 September 2019